Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
2017 HUD Updates on Residential Care Facilities Asset Management
Recorded On: 09/21/2017
At this webinar, representatives of HUD's Office of Residential Care Facilities (ORCF) will discuss the Section 232 program, which provides mortgage insurance for residential care facilities, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and board and care homes. In this program, get an overview about programs offered through ORCF, and get detailed information related to a number specific ongoing requirements for borrowers and operators.
- Understand the updated procedures for assuring that Section 232 facilities are in physically sound condition
- Understand the role of HUD’s Office of Inspector General, and its distinct place within the agency
- Understand the requirements for changes in participants of residential care facilities that currently have FHA-insured financing.
- Understand the requirements for changes in collateral of an FHA-insured facility, including capital improvements (and environmental issues associated with those improvements), changes in the number of beds, granting of easements, sale of land or other security.
- Understand the requirements in connection with taking distributions from the facility's accounts.
- Understand updated financial reporting and record keeping requirements, including updates on using the Healthcare Portal
- Understand the need for, and the means obtaining, HUD approval for secondary loans on a facility
- John Hartung, Director, Policy and Risk Analysis Division, Office of Residential Care Facilities, HUD
- Tim Gruenes, Director, Asset Management and Lender Relations Division, Office of Residential Care Facilities, HUD
- Phillip Head, Program Analyst, Office of Residential Care Facilities, HUD
- Rita Dockery, Supervisory Account Executive, Office of Residential Care Facilities, HUD