Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
NOTE: All resources in this module are not accessible until members
1) Click the Log in button in the upper right hand corner and enter your AHCA username and password. (Follow the directions on the bottom of the sign-in page if you can't remember)
2) Click on the Register button to gain FREE access to all the Five-Star resources.
3) Click on the products to view them. Be sure to click and view the webinar on the right.
In July 2016, CMS made changes to its Five-Star Quality Rating System to help consumers evaluate skilled nursing care centers. Featured on the Nursing Home Compare website, the ratings are based on three components—survey data, staffing information, and quality metrics—and reported by a Minimum Data Set (MDS) and claims-based system. The quality and overall star ratings of skilled nursing centers will reflect the following new changes:
- The addition of five new measures;
- Expansion of the timeframe for determining the quality metric from a three to four quarter average, and;
- Changing the scoring on the Activities of Daily Living measure from a state ranking to a national ranking.
On this page, AHCA member centers will find the following resources:
- CMS Updated Technical User' Guide
- Member toolkit: Suggested talking points, Template media statement , Template letter to families, Sample letter to payors
- Recorded July 28 Five-Star Webinar
- Q&As from July 28 Five-Star Webinar
- New Measure Specifications
- QIES Instructions on How to Access Preview Reports
Email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
AHCA will continuously keep you updated as changes to Five-Star are released.
The video "AHCA Webinar on New Changes" can be viewed by clicking the button to the right
UPDATE: On March 3, 2016, the CMS announced the addition of new quality measures that will be posted on Nursing Home Compare and used in Five-Star. Information from CMS Five Star presentation
More information can be found on the CMS Five Star website