Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
Here are some quick tips and answers to your questions
For questions about your AHCA/NCAL membership/account or content questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our support team is available Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm (ET) and will respond to all inquiries within 2 business days.
What are the recommended browsers and internet setting for this site?
It is recommended that you use a PC with Windows and Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher. If you are using a Mac, please use the Safari web browser. For viewing webinars, please use high speed/broadband internet connect. Wifi is not recommended.Also, please make sure you do not have pop-ups disabled in your internet browser settings.Lastly we suggest that your internet browser is “Active X" enabled.
How do I test my browser?
Go to www.ec.commpartners.com and click on the Support Tab in the top left, once expanded click “Run Test." You should see a Congratulations message. Click “Click Here" to take the second part of the test. Once the second part is loaded you should hear a pre-recorded audio message. If your browser does not pass the first part of the test, go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the required Adobe Flash software. Once at the site, go to the “Downloads" menu at the top and choose “Get Flash Player."
How do I log into my account?
Already have an account with AHCA/NCAL? If you already have an AHCANCAL account, click the LOG IN button at the top right corner of the Home page. (It's the same one you use for webinars and Long Term Care Trend Tracker). There, you will see the familiar AHCA log in screen. Apply your user name and password and voila! You will be magically transported to ahcancalED.Well, that's fine if you have a password but what if you don't have a password or forgot it or are not sure? We can fix that! If you forgot: click the LOG IN button at the top right corner of the Home page and you will be transported to the AHCA log in screen. Just below the blue SIGN IN box (toward the bottom of the page) you will see a message that says: If you need help retrieving your Username or Password, click here.
If you are a member and do not have a login for the site, please send us an email at email@example.com to obtain a login.
What types of education products are available?
All kinds! There are educational training's, webinars, videos, journal articles, interviews with experts. Each has unique features. Be sure to browse.
How do I sign up for an upcoming webinar, course or event?
First, log into the site. Once you find the session you'd like to view, click on the title or click “More Information" to view the session description, learning objectives, and speaker information. If you want to proceed, click the Green “Register" button. A pop-up will display asking: ADD TO CART AND STAY ON PAGE or COMPLETE REGISTRATION NOW. Clicking the green link immediately takes you to the registration page. The blue button, on the other hand, is akin to window shopping. You can choose multiple items you might like to view and when ready go to the green button to acquire them.
What does it cost?
AHCA/NCAL offers the majority of it educational tools and products at no cost to its members. They are a member benefit. In some cases, to provide the best possible speakers and technology, AHCANCAL reserves the right to charge.
Who can use ahcancalED?
ahcncalED is a member benefit created for their use.
What do I do if I experience a problem when I'm logged in?
If you are already logged into an event and experience a problem (slides stop advancing, streaming audio stops/fails, etc.), please follow the steps below: Try clicking the “refresh" button in your web browser. It looks like a circle with arrows. Clear the cache in your web browser. Then close your web browser completely. Open your web browser again and try logging into the event again.
How do I view an archived session?
Once you complete your registration, please go to Dashboard section, select the event, and click on “View Web Content On-Demand" icon on the right of the webpage to view the presentation.
How do I view sessions?
Once you complete your registration, please go to Dashboard section, select the event, and click on “Enter Meeting" icon on the right of the webpage to view the presentation.
Where do I find all the sessions I registered/
All the sessions you registered for/ attended can be found in the Dashboard section.
Can I cancel my order?
Yes. Simply delete it from your cart. However, monetary products are nonrefundable.
How are the sessions on the “Recommended" page selected?
Recommended page is contains products recommended based on your interest categories as defined in your profile. To define/ edit your interest areas, please visit My Profile section.
How do I edit my profile?
When you are logged in on ahcancalED, click “Profile". In the profile, you should see “Click here to edit your profile on remote system" right on top of your email address. Click the link to be directed to the page where you can update the information shown in your profile.
Can I get CEU certificate for the webinar/session I attend?
Many of the online training offer a certificate of completion. Participants of the Infection Preventionist Specialised Training (IPCO) course will receive 23 CE's upon successfully completing the program.
Who do I contact if I still have questions?
Guidelines/Criteria for Submission
Program content submitted to ahcancalED must meet the goals and objectives as outlined in the vision and mission statements.
Vision: ahcancalED empowers individuals within our member community to manage the challenges of long term care by providing educational tools, resources and information to improve lives by delivering solutions for quality care.
Mission Statement: The mission of ahcancalED is to prepare members with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed to:
- Create optimal healthcare settings where residents, families, and staff can thrive.
- Navigate the regulatory, financial, and political climates
- Develop strategies and business systems to deliver the highest level care and services
- Use critical and creative thinking skills to address problems and find solutions
Who Can Submit?
ahcancalED welcomes submissions from all long term and post-acute care professionals and vendor companies.
We are looking for the very best content to address the pressing issues faced by LTC providers. We accept content in all formats including narrated PowerPoints, audio recordings, videos, webinars, and podcasts. All content should be submitted with supporting materials to include worksheets, reference lists, articles, skills tests, etc.
Content will be reviewed by the ahcancalED advisory team based on the guidelines, criteria, and alignment with the stated mission and vision.
ahcancalED Online Course Criteria
Strong consideration is given to those submissions which contain:
- A concise, impactful sessions description
- A proposal that lists 3-5 specific learning outcomes compatible with the self-paced online learning method of instruction. It is suggested that Blooms Taxonomy is helpful in developing these outcomes.
CLICK HERE to complete an online submission form to be considered.
- Provides opportunities for learners to practice and evaluate what they are learning.
- Maintains interest and reinforces learning through elements such as compelling graphics or multimedia files.
- Stimulates reflection through relevant, interactive educational content and activities
- Is rich with “real-world” examples, scenarios, case studies, etc.
- Is relevant to the current issues in long term care
- Delivers information in a way that is compatible with the way adults learn (http://obsidianlearning.com/adult-learning-theory-and-training-design/)
- Meets the learning expectations and reflects the professional perspective of AHCA/NCAL members
- Must comply with all federal, state, and local regulations. ahcancalED retains editorial rights
- A statement of content attribution must be supplied for content that is not your own
ahcancalED Procedures and Process
- Those wishing to submit content for consideration to ahcancalED should complete the form included with this packet.
- Proposals are evaluated in the context of current ahcancalED online curriculum needs and requirements. Please note that ahcancalED reserves the right to reject materials if they do not meet ahcancalED strategic objectives, professional development program needs or any other requirements of ahcancalED. Until an agreement is duly signed by both parties, ahcancalED may, in its sole discretion and without any liability, withdraw its offer to publish the materials.
- After the ahcancalEd review team evaluates your proposal, we will contact you to indicate our interest. If a mutual decision is made to proceed, we’ll request additional material for final approval to be submitted electronically.
- If your proposal is selected, we’ll send an “ahcancalED E-Learning Product Development Agreement” to you via email for your review, approval, and signature. The Agreement will include a timeline. Our ahcancalED development team will help you to format your submission in accordance with ahcancalED site requirements.
- ahcancalED does not pay for content.
Suggestions are Welcome
Do you have a great idea for a live webinar, resource, or video and want to share it with other AHCANCAL Members? We can help! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll provide you with all the information you need to get the process started.
Our member community can benefit greatly by your expertise!