Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
This course is free and was designed to meet the critical staff shortages occurring as a result of COVID-19. You will need to register and create an account using your name and e-mail. Once you have created your account, you may complete the course on your own time, stopping as needed, and then rejoining the class wherever you left off.
Completion of this training is intended to prepare you to develop, manage and maintain a surge plan.
- Types of Surge (Begins at 9-minute mark)
- Components of a Surge Plan (Begins at ~10:48 minute mark)
- Space – Structure
- Staff – Identifying staff requirements
- Stuff – Equipment and Supplies Needed
- Systems – Policies and Procedures to keep residents and staff safe
- Safety – Providing a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors
- How to Develop your Surge Plan (Begins at ~16:55 minute mark)
- Understand the lifecycle of a surge event
- Include Infectious Disease Expert when developing plans, team effort to develop
Presented by RPA, a Jensen Hughes Company
Main Office, 500 CrossKeys Office Park
Fairport, NY 14450