Provider Self-Assessment and Mitigation Tools for Resident to Resident Occurrences
Click the button found in the upper right corner of your screen
Follow these three easy steps below!
Click the orange log in button in the upper left hand corner.
Use your user name and password that you would use for LTC Trend Tracker or the AHCA NCAL website.
Don’t have an account or can’t remember?
Click the CREATE ACCOUNT button.
Non-members can create an account with your first, last name and email.
AHCA/ NCAL Members - *Please note* you must add your member facility name to your login
Once you are in and can see your name in the upper left hand corner, you are ready to go!
From the home page click on a category (Resources, Training, Webinars or On-Demand Training) For this demonstration, let’s try Webinars- Upcoming Live.
On the “upcoming webinars” page go to a product in which you are interested. Click the green REGISTER button.
Or click the title of the webinar and you will be redirected to the page where you can view the overview, handouts or resources associated with that product. You can also click REGISTER in the upper right hand corner. The content will be available in your dashboard.
If the resource you are trying to access is a paid-for product, fill out the registration details and voila! The products are yours to use and can be found in your dashboard.
Need further help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll walk you through it.
It is critical for nursing centers and assisted living communities to address and mitigate resident-to-resident occurrences or potential incidents of resident-to-resident mistreatment. While mistreatment may or may not meet the definition of abuse, it would include negative and aggressive physical, sexual, or verbal interactions between long-term care residents that is unwelcome and have high potential to cause physical or psychological distress in the recipient.
- Conduct a thorough investigation with proper documentation, follow up, and monitoring and care planning as needed.
- Create a structured self-assessment process to address the resident-to-resident occurrence and minimize or mitigate similar events for all residents. This includes a need to:
- Document immediate interventions;
- Conduct a root cause analysis process to identify the specific/source, root cause or causal factor of the problem; and
- Identify future actions to ensure sustained efforts to identify and prevent potential resident-to-resident mistreatment.
- Identify existing AHCA/NCAL resources to support providers in addressing resident-to-resident mistreatment.
Note: These tools were developed by members of AHCA/NCAL’s Survey/Regulatory Committee to assist centers and communities in addressing adverse events and potential adverse events, documenting and tracking the steps they have taken, and identifying best practices for ongoing improvement. Use of these tools does not guarantee regulatory compliance nor mitigate potential liability. Providers should adapt their tools, policies, and processes as needed to ensure compliance with current federal and state requirements and use both professional judgement and the advice of legal counsel in determining whether or how to share these mitigation tools.
You are also encouraged to register for these free resources: