Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
Currently, the 8-hour training program is permitted under special waivers, exceptions, or flexibilities for temporary nurse aide roles in these states: Delaware, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, South Dakota, Texas and West Virginia
Additional training or other actions may be required in these states (please contact your state health care association or appropriate state agency for additional information about your state’s requirements): Alabama,Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia
If your state is not listed above, check back often as more states are being added to the list weekly. You may also contact your state health care association for additional information about your state’s requirements. Find your state health care association here.
Take me to the Course
8 HR Course (FREE)
If you plan to work in the state of Oklahoma you will need to take the free 16 hr course.16 HR Course (FREE)
What does a Temporary Nurse Aide Do?
The Temporary Nurse Aide will help to provide aspects of resident care that include:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Oral Care
- Grooming - Shaving and Nail Care
- Dressing and Undressing
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Positioning, Moving, and Restorative Care
- Nutrition and Elimination
- Comfort Care and End of Life Care
How to Get Started
- If you are new to this site, you will need to CREATE AN ACCOUNT. You do not need to fill out a company name if you don’t have one.
- After you create your account, go back to www.tempnurseaide.com and click REGISTER. This course is free.
- To begin the course, click the Course contents tab. Then click on the first item and complete it. You can move through the course at your own pace, stopping and returning to where you left off anytime.
- To avoid technical problems, use CHROME. Do not use Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer does not work well with this site.
- If you need assistance, please e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
AHCA/NCAL has created these courses to assist providers to recruit and train temporary staff during the national emergency caused by the coronavirus pandemic. While the federal government has issued a blanket waiver for such temporary nurse aides, state requirements may need to be waived to permit individuals under this training program in your location. Employers should check with their state survey agencies and their state occupational licensing agencies, where applicable, to ensure individuals trained under this program are permitted to assist with care in your location.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
- Cart (0 items)
- browse the catalog here
- COVID Resources
- Data & Research
- Education for Workforce & Career
- Infection Prevention
- Quality Improvement
- Survey, Regulatory & Legal