The QCP certification is valid for four years and expires exactly four years from the date when an individual completes his/her exam requirements. The exact expiration date can be found in each individual’s Learner Dashboard in the Certifications section. Recertification requirements must be completed by the expiration date of the individual’s credential. If recertification requirements are not completed by the certification expiration date, individuals will be required to re-start the full program to regain their certification at a later date. The recertification requirements are:
- Hold a current QCP certification.
- Submit a renewal application and pay the renewal fee.
- Complete a minimum of 1,000 practice hours in long-term care or post-acute care within the four years preceding the renewal application submission.
- Complete at least 100 hours of continuing education within the four years preceding the renewal application submission or complete an approved professional development activity equivalent, or a combination of the two.
- At least 15 hours of the 100 hours must be in QAPI or quality improvement areas. The remaining 85 hours can be for any healthcare-approved continuing education that meets licensure requirements (for a total of 100 hours). See AAPACN’s QCP Candidate Handbook for more information about how CEs may be earned.
Individuals must keep their documentation to support their continuing education credits. AAPACN conducts random audits of renewal applications. If an application is selected for audit, the individual will be required to submit all supporting documents. Each individual must maintain a copy of the renewal application and supporting certificates and other documents for the entire four-year certification period in order to satisfy any audit requests. Recertification requirements must be completed by the expiration date of each individual’s credential. If recertification requirements are not completed by the certification expiration date, AAPACN will require the individual to re-start the full program at a later date to regain certification.
|QCP Recertification||Price: $112|
For questions about this certification program, review the QAPI Candidate Handbook.
For general questions about AAPACN education, visit the FAQs page or contact the AAPACN Education Team at 800.768.1880.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|