Promoting Resident Self-Care through Innovation
Residents have been impacted in a variety of ways over the last three-plus years going through the pandemic and even as we emerge from the pandemic. Residents endured moments of isolation, loneliness, and decreased socialization. The pandemic offered opportunities to engage in innovative technology to fill the gaps left from staffing shortages. As we continue to navigate the ongoing staffing crisis, technology plays a key role in helping to support resident self-care. Learn from providers across the country as they discuss innovative ideas and concepts, they have engaged to empower residents and support their self-care.
Objectives: After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe innovative methods of engaging residents in self-care.
- Identify innovative concepts that can be implemented in assisted living.
- Discuss how to motivate self-care in residents through innovative technology.
- Lisa Williams – Maplewood Senior Living
- Sheri Easton-Garrett – Belmont Senior Village
- Gwen Wilburn – The Aspenwood Company
- Lisa Zeis – LifeSpark
- Pamela Truscott – NCAL
Moderator: Calvin Groeneweg - AALNA
This webinar is available to AHCA/NCAL members and non-members. The webinar will be recorded and available for access after the live event.
Follow the Instructions Below to Register:
- To avoid technical problems, use Google Chrome.
- Members will need to log in using their existing email and password first.
- Once you are logged in to the website you will be able to register by clicking the green register button at the top of the page.
- If you have forgotten your password click here.
- If you are new to the site, you can create an account here. Answer all fields on the create an account page- especially locating your company name. You can search by name or zip code. After creating an account, you will be able to register for the webinar.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with registering.
© 2023 American Health Care Association. All rights reserved. All Promoting Resident Self-Care through Innovation materials subject to this copyright may be photocopied or distributed for the purpose of nonprofit or educational advancement. The use, photocopying, and distribution for commercial purposes of any of these materials is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission of American Health Care Association.