Long-Term-Care Infusion Support Activity (LISA)
An Open Invitation for Local Medical Reserve Corps Units to Support Monoclonal Antibody Infusions in Long-term Care Facilities and Protect America’s Seniors Against COVID-19
Thank you for your interest in LISA!
LISA is a new and unique opportunity supported by 6 national associations that have united to form the Coalition to Advance Community-Based Solutions for COVID-19.
LISA is a pathway that facilitates the use of trained volunteers from local Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) units to support infusion of potentially life-saving monoclonal antibody therapies to long-term care (LTC) residents at risk for severe disease and hospitalization. Click here for more details, including step-by-step instructions for activating the LISA pathway.
MRC nurses are the primary target audience for providing LISA services. However, other MRC volunteers who are able to administer IV infusions within their scope of practice (e.g., physicians, advanced practice providers, others) may also be interested in LISA.
To ensure appropriate readiness for LISA, the Coalition has developed an online training curriculum (est. 3-4 hours to complete) comprised of 4 required modules:
- Module 1—Infection prevention for LTC facilities (30 minutes)
- Module 2—General LTC/nursing home orientation (60 minutes)
- Module 3—COVID-19 monoclonal antibody therapies (60 minutes)
- Module 4—Infusion therapy refresher training (60 minutes)
The modules are open access and can be taken over multiple sessions. A training certificate will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
To get started, please do the following:
- Use Chrome as your browser. If the link automatically populates into your default browser, copy the link and paste it into Chrome. Other browsers (especially Internet Explorer) do not work well with this site.
- Click here to create an account that will enable you to access the Learning Management System.
- Once you are signed in to the website, click here to register for the LISA training.
On behalf of the Coalition, we sincerely thank you for your dedication, commitment, and service to your communities.
If you have questions or comments about LISA, please email email@example.com.