Love Your Neighbor: Preventing Resident-to-Resident Aggression
Includes a Live Web Event on 08/14/2024 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic relative to quarantine and social distancing on psychosocial well-being;
- Develop a well-trained, culturally competent staff prepared to meet the behavioral health needs of a diverse and ever-changing population; and
- Implement effective interventions to anticipate and minimize the potential for aggression and altercations.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Appropriate to all disciplines and positions
While there has been increasing attention to the subject of abuse prevention in long-term care, aggression between residents is rarely recognized as a significant concern. Too often, negative and aggressive physical, sexual, or verbal interactions that in any other community setting would likely be construed as unwelcome and potentially leading to physical or psychological distress are overlooked.
The COVID-19 Pandemic has added an additional layer of stress to an already volatile environment. Heightened anxiety, depression, loneliness, and cabin fever have resulted in an increase in dissatisfaction and social unrest. This session provides strategies for anticipating the circumstances and events that may trigger negative interactions in a diverse community of residents, offering new thinking on how to achieve an environment of healing and recovery for today, and tomorrow.
- Review of the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the long-term care industry;
- Discussion on the circumstances (i.e., clinical, social) motivating social unrest and the steps
necessary to creating an inclusive, satisfying environment; and
- Strategies for proactive assessment and care planning to minimize the potential for disputes and aggressive behavior.
If you are not able to attend live, the recording will be provided to you. A certificate of attendance will be available after webinar.
Receive $10 off registration fee when purchasing four webinars. All webinars must be in your cart during the checkout process in order to receive discount.
Additional webinars are:
- Caring for a New Generation in Assisted Living - April 17th at 2 pm ET
- All by Myself: Overcoming Social Isolation and Loneliness in Assisted Living - June 12th at 2 pm ET
- Metamorphosis: Leadership in a Transformative Culture - October 16th at 2 pm ET