Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
available to AHCA SNF Provider members| $299 REGISTER
AHCA’s PDPM Academy 2019 focused on the basic elements and technical aspects of the new patient characteristic-based payment model. In 2020, the AHCA subscription-based PDPM Academy will provide AHCA provider members with in depth on-line education and training on best practice topics and operational capacities key to PDPM success.
Subscribers to the AHCA PDPM Academy 2020 Subscription– Building Optimal Operational Capacities© will receive the following benefits:
1. In-depth education will include six pre-recorded webinars starting in March 2020 with continuing education (CE) credits and accompanied by AHCA-developed guidance, tool kits, or other resources. The six (CE) educational webinars will be held throughout 2020 as they are completed. All six educational webinars are included in the $299 2020 PDPM Academy registration fee. The topics include:
- AVAILABLE NOW! Getting Older is not for the Weak: An Evidence-Based Approach for Improving Mobility– In this training module, the RESTORE team, a collaborative group of researchers, educators, and professionals within the University of Colorado Physical Therapy Program will share an approach for helping providers integrate the latest evidence-based rehabilitation strategies into routine practice.
- AVAILABLE NOW! Identifying and Managing Residents with Complex Nursing and NTA Needs – In this module, PDPM Academy participants will learn how members have attracted and retained nursing staff, best practices for staff training on complex care as well as optimal NTA services need identification and care.
- AVAILABLE NOW! Restorative Nursing and Skilled Maintenance Nursing and Therapy – Nearly one-third of SNF resident stays would be eligible for restorative nursing case-mix payment adjustments within the PDPM Nursing Component. Additionally, new flexibilities in therapy service delivery permitted under PDPM create incentives to develop more effective restorative nursing programs to all Medicare Part A residents, including those on an active therapy care plan. This module will highlight restorative nursing and skilled maintenance nursing and therapy best practices under PDPM.
- Effective Care Transitions at Admission and Discharge –PDPM Academy participants will hear in this module from hospital discharge specialists, AHCA members, and home health intake specialists about their approaches to effective care transitions entering and exiting the SNF.
- Trend Tracker and Other Sources to Monitor Quality Impact of PDPM – AHCA members can monitor their Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Rehospitalization Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) performance as well as their IMPACT Act Quality Reporting Program (QRP) performance via LTCTT. In this module, PDPM Academy participants will gain a deeper understanding of key PDPM Quality Measures (QM), how to best monitor them including using of LTCTT. Participants also will learn about root-cause analysis approaches to address QM challenges.
- Holistic Person-Centered Care Planning –This training module will provide possible models for PAC Comprehensive, Person-Centered Care Planning which also align with CMS’ vision for PDPM “holistic care planning” as well as offer insights into the business case for person-centered planning.
2. Five “live” PDPM Academy Open Discussion Forums (ODF) every other month (one-hour each) starting January 2020, addressing challenging PDPM clinical and billing topics and CMS updates.
3. Access to AHCA’ library of 2019 and 2020 PDPM Academy materials housed at ahcancalED.
These resources are a considerable value to AHCA members. Private consultancies will charge several hundreds of dollars for the resources and the six hours of CE eligible training on the topics above.
Access to all of the benefits, above, is available to AHCA provider member individual employees (or individual contracted employees if registering through the AHCA provider member) via a PDPM Academy 2020 subscription price of $299 including CEs for the entire year.
Click the GETTING STARTED tab located on the left hand tool bar to learn how to create an account and register for the materials.
Questions about the contents of AHCA PDPM Academy publications, tools, workshops, webinars or other resources may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about AHCA visit www.ahcancal.org.
Copyright 2020 American Health Care Association, 1201 L Street NW Washington, DC 20005. All Rights Reserved. Permission to use, copy and/or distribute any documentation and/or related images from AHCA PDPM Academy publications, tools, workshops, webinars or other resources shall be expressly obtained from AHCA.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|