Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
Level 1: Bronze Award- Commitment to Quality
The goal of this award level is to provide applicants with the tools and resources they need to achieve performance improvement.
Level 2: Silver Award- Achievement in Quality
At this level, applicants continue to learn and develop effective approaches that help improve performance and health care outcomes.
Level 3: Gold Award- Excellence in Quality
At this level, applicants must show superior performance in areas of the criteria including leadership, strategic planning, and customer and staff satisfaction.
Perception vs. Reality: The Quality Award Program for Assisted Living ProvidersContains 1 Component(s)
On this webinar, we will break down the commonly cited barriers preventing assisted living communities from participating in the program and talk about the many free resources available to help assisted living providers succeed. We will also hear from the two 2018 Gold recipient assisted living organizations about their journey, including how they did it and how it benefited their organization. Join us to learn how the Quality Award program can help you succeed!
The In a competitive and ever-changing market, assisted living providers must identify ways to stay a step ahead and stand out to potential customers and referral sources. Theprovides the external validation necessary to set yourself apart from the competition. Historically, the Quality Award Program has been perceived as being only for skilled nursing centers. However, more assisted living communities than ever before are applying for and receiving the National Quality Award. In 2018, 114 assisted living centers received the Bronze award, 47 centers received the Silver award and two (the first AL communities) received the Gold award. On this webinar, we will break down the commonly cited barriers preventing assisted living communities from participating in the program and talk about the many free resources available to help assisted living providers succeed. We will also hear from the two 2018 Gold recipient assisted living organizations about their journey, including how they did it and how it benefited their organization. Join us to learn how the Quality Award program can help you succeed!
- Participants will be able to describe the perceived barriers for assisted living participation in the program and how to overcome them.
- Participants will be able to summarize the free resources available to help assisted living providers succeed in the program.
- Participants will discover how participation in the program would benefit their organization.
- Alana Wolfe, National Director of Performance Excellence, Sunrise Senior Living
- Nicolette Merino, Avamere Health Services
- Kimberly Dilg, Executive Director, Sunrise of Gurnee
- Marcia Jackson, RN Administrator, Maine Veterans Home – Machias
Who Should View This Event:
Leadership (i.e. administrator, DON, etc.) at assisted living communities that are members of AHCA/NCAL.
How to Register in ahcancalED
Easy as 1, 2, 3 !
Go to the ahcancalED site at https://educate.ahcancal.org/and log in using the orange button in the upper left hand corner.
Use your usual user name and password that you would use for LTC Trend Tracker or the AHCA NCAL website.
Don’t have one or can’t remember?
Click the log in button and follow the directions found under the search button that reads-“If you need help retrieving your Username or Password, click here”.
*Please note* you must add your member facility name to your login
Once you are in and can see your name in the upper left hand corner, you are ready to go.
From the home page click on a category (Resources, Training, Webinars or Trending Now) For this demonstration, let’s try hovering over Webinars until upcoming webinars displays.
Under “upcoming webinars” go to a product in which you are interested. Click on the title.
You’ll be redirected to the site where you can register for the product. This allows you to view the overview, handouts or resources associated with that product.
Click the green “register” button.
Fill out the registration details and voila! The products are yours to use indefinitely and can be found in your dashboard.
FYI: after registering, you will be automatically notified when the recording of the webinar is ready.
Need further help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll walk you through it.
The Journey to Performance Excellence: How a Small SNF Achieved the Nation’s Highest Quality AwardContains 12 Component(s)
In this series, Mountain Valley leaders Maryruth Butler and Emilee Kulin share how their small, 68-bed rural center in Kellogg, Idaho achieved the nation’s highest award for performance excellence.
Welcome to the story of Mountain Valley, a 68-bed skilled nursing and long-term care center in the Kellogg, Idaho. Mountain Valley began the quality journey through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award, receiving the Bronze in 2005, the Silver in 2007, and finally the Gold in 2011. Our journey didn’t stop there, however, and we went on to achieve the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality award in 2016- the very first skilled nursing center in the county to achieve this designation. Through this series, we will share with you how a small, rural center achieved the nation’s highest award for performance excellence and hopefully inspire you to performance excellence.
Executive Director of Mountain Valley
* Executive Director of Mountain Valley since 2001
Major Mountain Valley Recognition Earned:
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award • 2016
- AHCA Quality Award Recipient • Bronze 2005, Silver 2007, Gold 2011
- CMS Five-Star Overall Quality Rating • 2009 – 2017
- Providigm Abaqis Embracing Quality Award in Deficiency-Free Survey • 2016
- Providigm Customer Satisfaction Award • 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
* National AHCA Mary K. Ousley Champion of Quality Award 2017 Recipient
* Master Examiner ACHA/NCAL National Quality Awards • 2013, 2014, 2015
* Master of Business Administration in Health Care Administration and BSBA
* State of Idaho Residential Care and Nursing Home Administrator’s License
* Attributes using the Baldrige Excellence Framework for shifting her professional approach and creating a culture of performance excellence
* Guides her workforce to continuously improve, encourages innovation, and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for residents
Activity Director at Mountain Valley
* Activity Director at Mountain Valley since 2008
* Masters of Science Degrees in Family and Consumer Sciences - Food and Nutrition
* Currently pursuing Nursing Home Administrator-in-Training Certificate
* Currently pursuing AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program Senior Examiner Training
* Devoted to securing grants and awards, providing innovative, quality care while catering to each individuals daily happiness and quality of life
* Passionate community advocate and an enthusiastic entrepreneur to her family-owned business as a Registered Dietitian
The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program provides a pathway for providers of long term and post-acute care services to journey towards performance excellence. The program is based on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program.
Reach your Quality Goals!
Visit ahcapublications.org or ncalpublications.org.
A special thank you to our 2021 AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Sponsors:
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
- Cart (0 items)
- browse the catalog here
- COVID Resources
- Data & Research
- Education for Workforce & Career
- Infection Prevention
- Quality Improvement
- Survey, Regulatory & Legal
2021 Program Dates
Intent to Apply Deadline:
November 12, 2020 - 8 PM EST
Application and Fee Deadline:
January 28, 20201 - 8 pm EST